Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Few Decor Ideas to Throw Around

So, I am going to write about the fun part, planning the shabby decor theme inside.  I will share about the usual exterior restoration later....this is more fun.

Here's a few things that I threw together for her interior:










These items are just thrown in the trailer for the time being, so I can decide how I want to place things.  The rear gaucho couch was given away, as even though it had new foam and upholstery, it had heavy cigarette odors that didn't come out with cleaning.  I opted to place a new mattress back there for a permanent bed.  Under the bed, I will place show box size plastic boxes with lids for storage.  Above the bed was a small bunk.  I am going to make that into a shelf with pink and grey canvas storage boxes.  A girl like me can never have too much storage space.  I consider this to be my home away from home, and I like to have things at hand even when away camping.  Don't get me wrong...I camped for years on the ground, in a tent, in a sleeping bag, on a very uncomfortable air mattress, and remember having to blow the air mattress up via mouth.  A few times I slept on a 1/2" thick mat...which was torture on the back.  I could feel every rock and pine cone beneath me.  I'm fiftyish now, and I want my comforts, such as a vintage chrome percolator for my morning coffee, with half and half, thank you very much.  Perhaps a teapot and tea, china cup and saucer, and a few good books tucked in the trailer.  Rainstorms...heavens yes, bring them on.  All the more reason to hole up in my trailer and read books and magazines and take a nap.  While Lola is stored in the back yard, I have placed pots of miniature roses and geraniums plants around her, to soften her parking area and give it a garden feel.  An old 50's metal glider and old garden chairs are placed nearby.

My bed has a memory foam pad on top of the mattress, and pretty sheets with embroidered pillow cases.  Just because I am camping out in the woods or the boonies, doesn't mean I can't bring creature comforts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment